Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. to look out for in 2021
If FBI reports are to be taken into considerations, an estimated 366.7 violent crimes per 100,000 American residents came to light in 2019. This is terrifying because the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting Program classifies robbery, rape, non-negligent manslaughter, murder, and aggravated assault as violent crimes. You may like to watch crime shows on TV. But, imagine this in real life? Do you get the thrill at all? What you get are some nightmares.
If you are planning a trip to the United States or simply moving from a city to another, you must know the safest places to visit. This blog acts as an eye-opener by bringing you the top 10 most dangerous cities in the U.S.
Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. – Where People Fear to Tread
Apart from the above violent crimes categorized by the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting Program, one may witness hate crimes inflicted against a certain section of communities. This cannot be overlooked as well. Let’s take a quick look and make sure to avoid visiting these cities in the country.
- Detroit in Michigan: With a staggering violent crime rate, i.e. 1,965 incidents per 100,000 residents, Detroit surely is the most dangerous city in the United States of America, overtaking St. Louis in Missouri. The largest city in Michigan also reported 275 murders in 2019.
- Louis in Missouri: One of the major cities in the state of Missouri, St. Louis is famed for its iconic 630-ft. Gateway Arch but. When it comes to talking about its crime reports, the city is definitely not a great place to visit. It has a violent crime rate of 1,927 per 100,000 people.
- Memphis in Tennessee: Visiting Tennessee? Just avoid heading to Memphis! It has a violent crime rate of 1,901 per 100,000 residents.
- Baltimore in Maryland: Maryland’s major city, Baltimore, too, records a shocking crime rate, which is 1,859 per 100,000 residents. If it is very important to traverse around the city, amp up the safety measures.
- Springfield in Missouri: The number 5 worst city to visit in the country is Springfield. In the past year, there were 356 rapes in the city, which is nearly 5 times the national rate.
- Little Rock in Arkansas: Despite offering popular attractions, such as the Old State House Museum and home to the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum, Little Rock would not like to see itself in the 6th position of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. to visit or live. It has a violent crime rate of 1,517 per 100,000 residents.
- Cleveland in Ohio: As bad as Little Rock in Arkansas, Cleveland in Ohio has a crime rate of 1,517 per 100,000 people.
- Stockton in California: Although California is one of the most loved places on earth, Stockton isn’t known as a great place to visit. Murders, aggravated assault, etc. have been reported in great numbers over the past few years. The crime rate in the city is 1,397 per 100,000 people.
- Albuquerque in New Mexico: The largest city in the state of New Mexico is also one of the most dangerous cities in the country. It records a violent crime rate of 1,352 per 100,000 residents.
- Milwaukee in Wisconsin: The 10th most dangerous city in the country as per the crime rate is Wisconsin’s Milwaukee. It records 1,332 incidents per 100,000 people.
Be careful with places if you are moving to the US recently.